Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tater tots without the potatoes. I guess these are healthier than tater tots, although I suppose the only thing that makes traditional tater tots unhealthy is the deep frying. Still, it's a neat twist on a classic, and the combination of ingredients really does taste like potatoes. From Mix it Up, a food blog.
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 lb cauliflower, chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup quinoa, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup ground flax seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup shallot, finely minced
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- In a large bowl, mash chickpeas until mostly broken up. Add in remaining ingredients and mix until combined. Mixture probably won't hold together too well, but don't worry - it will firm up when frying. Do your best to form into tater tot shapes.
- Warm a frying pan over medium heat and pour olive oil inches Place tater tots in batches on pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until browned and crispy.