Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Crispy oven fried chicken without the mess! This is a perfect week night meal because not only is it easy to prepare, it tastes great too. Whip up some mashed potatoes and you've got a real comfort meal!
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup instant potato flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 -3 lbs frying chickens, cut up
- Heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place margarine in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish; melt in oven.
- In plastic bag, combine potato flakes, garlic salt, seasoned pepper, and seasoning salt.
- Add chicken one at a time and shake in the plastic bag.
- Place chicken skin-side down in melted margarine.
- Bake 30 minutes, uncovered, turn chicken.
- Bake 30 minutes more.
I made this on 9/22/08 for mine and SO's dinner.As Chef Jellyqueen did, I used boneless skinless chicken breasts and used garlic powder instead of garlic salt. I also added a bit more seasoning salt than the recipe called for.I didn't know what you meant by seasoned pepper, so regular ground black pepper was used.Since I used boneless skinless breasts, the baking time was cut back to 45 minutes.The chicken never did crisp up, but that was o.k. it was still good enough to be made again. Thanks for posting and, "Keep Smiling :)"
I needed a recipe for some boneless chicken breast. I decided to use this recipe, and boy am I glad that I did. This one goes straight into my "Tried and True" cookbook. I used garlic powder instead of garlic salt, and just added a little extra seasoned salt. This chicken was not only good but it looked just like fried chicken, but instead of being dry, it was very moist and tender!!!! Thanks for the great recipe.
Super EZ.. I guess my taste buds are failing now too, but I felt it needed more UMPH. . This goes right into my DS's CB, thanks for the ease!