Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe in a Taste of Home cookbook (one of those little ones sold by the checkstand in a grocery store). It is quick and easy to prepare but tastes like you cooked all day! I haven't served it yet to anyone who hasn't loved it. The combination of potato flakes and french fried onions compliment the tuna and cheese nicely!
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup masked potato flakes
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3 -4 tablespoons ice water
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) can French-fried onions, divided (I used the cheese flavored ones)
- 3⁄4 cup mashed potato flakes
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped stuffed green olives
- 1 (7 ounce) can albacore tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 egg
- In medium bowl combine flour and potato flakes.
- Cut in margarine until crumbly.
- Add water 1 tbsp at a time until dough is just moist enought to hold together.
- Press over bottom and up sides of ungreased 9 or 10 inch pie plate.
- Flute edges.
- Set aside 1/2 c french fried onions.
- Sprinkle remaining onions into pastry shell.
- In another bowl, combine the filling ingredients except 1/2 c cheese.
- Spoon filling over onions in pe plate.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until crust is golden.
- Sprinkle with reserved cheese and onions.
- Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.