Recipe by Maryland Jim
This is out of an old BH&G Chicken cookbook.
Top Review by Baby Kato
Simply delicious chicken Maryland Jim. I love how much flavor the potato flakes impart to this dish. Crisp, tender, juicy chicken. It doesn't get any better than this. Quick and really easy to make with just a few ingredients, for a meal that you will be drooling over. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful recipe, that we will enjoy again and again. Kudos on making it into my Best of Cookbook for 2014.
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 broiler-fryer chicken, cut-up
- 1 cup instant potato flakes
- 1⁄4 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine egg, 2 tablespoons water, and seasoned salt.
- Dip chicken parts in the mixture.
- Roll in potato flakes.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Melt butter in shallow baking pan.
- Place chicken in pan, skin side up.
- Bake at 375 for about 1 hour or until done. Serves 4.