Recipe by tigerlily2602
This is a quick and simple appetizer or side dish from Ghana.
Top Review by francoroni
An interesting flavor combination with the sweet plantain and savory onion. Easy to make. I found the first batch I fried to be a little bland, so I added more salt and some garlic powder, and they were quite good. Next time I may add a pinch of cayenne or some other seasonings in addition.
- 2 over ripe plantains
- 1 small onion
- 1 -2 ounce self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon palm oil
- salt and pepper
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and Mash plantains well.
- Put into a bowl and add enough flour to bind.
- Add the onion, palm oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix well and leave to stand for 20 minutes.
- Deep fry in little tablespoonfuls in 350 degree oil until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towel and serve hot.