1/1 Photo of -- Tasty's -- the Power of Flower7 Salad
--Tasty-- and I collaborated on this colorful spring/summer salad today! There are as many variations of the salad as there are vegetables, fruits and herbs! Use a light vinaigrette of your choice to complete the recipe. Read *Note below in the directions. --Tasty Dish-- would like to dedicate this recipe to flower7.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves or 1 cup mixed greens
- 2 -3 stalks green onions, whole
- 8 slices bell peppers, seeded, membrane and stem removed (use a variety of colors like orange, red, purple, yellow, etc.)
- 2 black olives, cut in half
- 4 chive blossoms
- 2 -3 large strawberries, stemmed and sliced
- 1/2 cup green peas
- fresh variegated mint leaf
- light vinaigrette, your choice
- 1*Note: see my posted photo above for a guideline on how to arrange the vegetables, fruit and herbs on the platter. Of course, how you arrange the produce and what produce you choose, is left to creative license.
- 2Place the baby spinach or mixed greens towards the bottom of a platter.
- 3Set the green onions on the platter-these are your "flower stalks".
- 4Place the slices of bell pepper in a "flower" pattern on the green onion stems.
- 5Place the strawberry slices (the "petals") between slices of bell pepper "petals". (I would have added more strawberries but I ran out.).
- 6Arrange each black olive half in the middle of the flower and garnish each olive with a chive blossom.
- 7Put the green peas on top of the spinach or mixed greens.
- 8Place mint leaves around the edges of the platter.
- 9Serve salad with the vinaigrette.
- 10'Be like the flower, turn your face to the sun'. Kahlil Gibran.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for -- Tasty's -- the Power of Flower7 Salad
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 28.2
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 24.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: