--Tasty-- and I collaborated on this colorful spring/summer salad today! There are as many variations of the salad as there are vegetables, fruits and herbs! Use a light vinaigrette of your choice to complete the recipe. Read *Note below in the directions. --Tasty Dish-- would like to dedicate this recipe to flower7.
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves or 1 cup mixed greens
- 2 -3 stalks green onions, whole
- 8 slices bell peppers, seeded, membrane and stem removed (use a variety of colors like orange, red, purple, yellow, etc.)
- 2 black olives, cut in half
- 4 chive blossoms
- 2 -3 large strawberries, stemmed and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup green peas
- fresh variegated mint leaf
- light vinaigrette, your choice
- *Note: see my posted photo above for a guideline on how to arrange the vegetables, fruit and herbs on the platter. Of course, how you arrange the produce and what produce you choose, is left to creative license.
- Place the baby spinach or mixed greens towards the bottom of a platter.
- Set the green onions on the platter-these are your "flower stalks".
- Place the slices of bell pepper in a "flower" pattern on the green onion stems.
- Place the strawberry slices (the "petals") between slices of bell pepper "petals". (I would have added more strawberries but I ran out.).
- Arrange each black olive half in the middle of the flower and garnish each olive with a chive blossom.
- Put the green peas on top of the spinach or mixed greens.
- Place mint leaves around the edges of the platter.
- Serve salad with the vinaigrette.
- 'Be like the flower, turn your face to the sun'. Kahlil Gibran.
Awwwwwwww! I'm so honored to have such a beautiful salad in my name! Thank you Tasty and CG! :) :)
I used mixed greens, my chives only had buds that had not blossomed, so used chives, dandelion flours(just the petals), some violet flowers, and a red wine vinaigrette. Nice salad! Thanks! Made for our lovely VIP for the Vegetarian Swap-April 2011!