Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Leftover roasted chicken from Sunday was all --Tasty-- needed as inspiration for this fantastic taco recipe! --Tasty-- served the tacos with home cooked pinto beans and Spanish rice (this one--->> Spanish Rice except the toms were omitted). Fresh, yummy, juicy strawberries for dessert! Note: all amounts in recipe are estimated. *Update*-1 Dec 2009: also good with leftover turkey in place of chicken
- 6 corn tortillas
- 2 cups roasted chicken, cubed, approximately
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt-free garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup roasted tomato salsa, approximately
- 1⁄4 cup creamy creamy Italian dressing (homemade!)
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated asiago cheese (we used a little of Parmesan, romano and asiago)
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, cut into ribbons (FRESH only!)
- corn oil, for frying
- Steam or fry the tortillas. Set aside.
- In a saute pan heat up the oil on medium heat and cook the chicken with the garlic powder until the meat is lightly browned, about 6-8 minutes.
- Divide the chicken among the six tortillas.
- Add the salsa, cheese, creamy Italian dressing and basil ribbons.