Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
A cinnamon toast recipe --Tasty-- created especially for the UK leg of the Zaar World Tour 2010. --Tasty-- is not of legal age to join the Tour, but she has asked me to send along to all participants a message of goodwill and best wishes. Psst-this is also yummy in French toast! (Those French!)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon english mixed spice (see Mixed Spice - Traditional Old Fashioned English Pudding Spice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1⁄4 cup sugar (raw, demerara, unbleached cane sugar, etc.) or 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar (raw, demerara, unbleached cane sugar, etc.)
- Please note that both ~Tasty~ and I estimated the amount of ingredients for the spice mixture. Adjust accordingly to your preference.
- Tip: if you can't find vanilla powder, substitute 1-2 drops of real vanilla extract and stir it into softened butter.
- In a small bowl combine the English mixed spice, vanilla powder and sugar of choice.
- Store in a container with a tight fitting lid.
- To make the Deluxe Cinnamon Toast: Spread butter on a slice of bread (crumpet, whole wheat, etc.) Tip: if your butter is not to room temperature-no worries! Just place a few pieces of the hard butter on the bread. It will melt into the bread as it toasts.
- Sprinkle about a scant one half teaspoon of the spice mixture on the bread.
- Toast until browned and sizzling but being careful not to burn the bread!
- PS I use a toaster which browns bread horizontally which means the butter doesn't drip down into the heating element. It is not recommended to use a toaster that toasts bread vertically to avoid the butter dripping into the mechanism-(thus in the process destroying your coveted Mickey Mouse Toaster). An oven will work.
Childhood memories of my Dad making a similar treat for my sister and I. I actually had forgotten all about it until I saw this recipe. I decided to try it on a cinnamon raisin bagel, and it was to die for! Yummy! Made for Veg 'N Swap #28.
Aah memories from my childhood. I used Recipe #53926 using cinnamon, vanilla bean pieces, cardamom and nutmeg. I did blend the sugar for a powdered results. Thanks for the comfort! Made for ZWT6
I made half of Recipe #266688 to make this and it was worth it! A far cry from the kid's version i ate growing up, this is the adult version and I loved it! Thanks for posting Cookgirl. Made for Zwizzle Chicks for ZWT6.