1/1 Photo of -- Tasty's -- Deluxe Cinnamon Toast
A cinnamon toast recipe --Tasty-- created especially for the UK leg of the Zaar World Tour 2010. --Tasty-- is not of legal age to join the Tour, but she has asked me to send along to all participants a message of goodwill and best wishes. Psst-this is also yummy in French toast! (Those French!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 tablespoon english mixed spice (see Mixed Spice - Traditional Old Fashioned English Pudding Spice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1/4 cup sugar (raw, demerara, unbleached cane sugar, etc.) or 1/4 cup powdered sugar (raw, demerara, unbleached cane sugar, etc.)
- 1Please note that both ~Tasty~ and I estimated the amount of ingredients for the spice mixture. Adjust accordingly to your preference.
- 2Tip: if you can't find vanilla powder, substitute 1-2 drops of real vanilla extract and stir it into softened butter.
- 3In a small bowl combine the English mixed spice, vanilla powder and sugar of choice.
- 4Store in a container with a tight fitting lid.
- 5To make the Deluxe Cinnamon Toast: Spread butter on a slice of bread (crumpet, whole wheat, etc.) Tip: if your butter is not to room temperature-no worries! Just place a few pieces of the hard butter on the bread. It will melt into the bread as it toasts.
- 6Sprinkle about a scant one half teaspoon of the spice mixture on the bread.
- 7Toast until browned and sizzling but being careful not to burn the bread!
- 8PS I use a toaster which browns bread horizontally which means the butter doesn't drip down into the heating element. It is not recommended to use a toaster that toasts bread vertically to avoid the butter dripping into the mechanism-(thus in the process destroying your coveted Mickey Mouse Toaster). An oven will work.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for -- Tasty's -- Deluxe Cinnamon Toast
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 774.0
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 199.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 199.8 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: