Recipe by Debby H
I am a Pennsylvania gal through and through. Love the state, love the food and love the people. One of my favorite PA treats are small cakes and cupcakes made by Tastykake out of Philadelphia PA. A friend of mine loves the Peanut Butter Kandy Kakes so I came up with this recipe so that she can have the taste of them any time (even though you can order them from their website). This is super simple box cake recipe that only takes minutes to make. I think the reason it works is because of the particular brands of cake mix and frosting. Hope you enjoy.
Top Review by PSU Lioness
Debby H...THANK YOU FOR POSTING! I am also a PA girl and I this is hands down my favorite Tastykake that is made. When I stumbled across this, I had to try it. It was almost like eating the real thing! My sister (who eats no junk food) had 2 pieces! My son also asked if I could make this as his birthday cake. I think the only thing I would do differently next time is melt chocolate chips and pour them over the peanut butter so it hardens up like the chocolate in the original. But no complaints here. This was great!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) boxpillsbury moist supreme classic white cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 (16 ounce) canduncan hines creamy homestyle classic chocolate frosting
- 2⁄3 cup skippy natural creamy peanut butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake 2 - 8 or 9 inch round or 1- 9 x 13 cake(s) according to the package directions. Make sure to not over bake or the cake is dismal.
- Take from oven and cool for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Remove cake from pan(s) and cool on a rack.
- Beat Frosting and Peanut Butter together for about 2 mins until well blended.
- When completely cooled frost cake(s) and enjoy. This cake is always best the 2nd day.