Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I developed this recipe from a few different recipes that I've come across. It makes a really great whole wheat, fat-free snack. If you don't have natural applesauce on hand, peel two cored apples, cut them up, and boil for 20 minutes. Drain the water, and mush apples--this is generally equivalent to 1/3 cup applesauce.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour, stone ground
- 3⁄4 cup low calorie sweetener (I use Splenda)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄3 cup natural applesauce (no sugar added)
- preheat oven to 190 (375).
- stir together dry ingredients.
- in a separate bowl, stir together liquid ingredients.
- combine both sets of ingredients, mixing only until the dry ingredients are moist.
- bake for 20 minutes in a greased muffin tin.