Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 11 ounces soft goat cheese, room temp
- 1⁄2 cup watercress, leaves washed,dried and chopped
- 16 slices cinnamon-raisin bread or 16 slices date bread or 16 slices whole wheat bread, crusts trimmed,thin slices
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temp
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, toasted and finely chopped (almost ground)
- watercress (for garnish) (optional)
- salt (optional)
- white pepper, to taste (optional)
- Place chopped pecans on plate.
- Mix cheese and watercress in a bowl.
- Season with salt and a dash of white pepper.
- Spread mixture evenly over 8 bread slices.
- Top with remaining bread.
- Cut sandwiches diagonally in half.
- Butter all 3 edges of each sandwich triangle.
- Dip buttered edges of sandwiches into pecans.
- Arrange sandwiches on platter.
- Garnish with watercress sprigs.
- These can be made up to 8 hours ahead.
- Cover sandwiches tightly; chill until ready to serve.