Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I discovered this one today while thinking of something easy for lunch. I love jicama and the slightly sweet taste and wonderful crunch really give this salad a twist! I have recently started 'low carbing it' and this is great for that! (of course I don't put it on bread or crackers, but I'm sure it would be good!)
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked & diced
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 stalk celery, diced
- 5 -6 pieces jicama, peeled & diced
- 1 -2 green onion, diced
- 2 -4 tablespoons mayonnaise (to taste)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and stir well.
- (I like mine straight out of the bowl, no bread for me!).
This is my favorite way to make chicken salad. You can also use water chestnuts instead of jicama.
This makes a wonderful chicken salad. We love the crunch the jicama gave the salad. Since I always have cooked chicken breasts in the freezer, this was a breeze to prepare. I plan to make it again using it as an appetizer spread for crackers. Thanks so much, Lana!!!