Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a absolutely delicious stuffing recipe!!
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 loaf whole wheat bread, cubed (older bread better)
- 2 -3 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 2 -3 eggs, beaten
- salt and pepper
- milk (to moisten)
- 2 cups prepared sweet & wild rice
TO MAKE RICE
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 3 1⁄2-4 cups water
- 1 cup sweet & wild rice
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- Prepare rice--------.
- Heat rice, water, OXO and butter to boiling point.
- Reduce heat to low and cover, simmering 40-50 minutes.
- While rice is cooking (rice needs to be soupy when done) chop up onions, celery and bread.
- Toss in a large bowl with poultry seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Allow the rice to cool a bit before adding it to the stuffing mixture.
- Stir in eggs and add enough milk to moisten.
- Then stuff your uncooked turkey.