Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 lb fresh ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- fresh ground black pepper
- 6 sandwich buns, split
- 6 lettuce leaves
- Combine turkey and bread crumbs in a large bowl; add onion and parsley.
- In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, lemon juice, worcestershire, soy sauce, and pepper.
- Mix well, then pour over turkey mixture.
- With splayed fingers, lightly mix until combined.
- Lightly form into 6 burgers.
- Put burgers on a plate, spraying oil in both sides of each.
- Prepare the grill; spray a wire basket with oil.
- When the fire is ready, arrange the burgers in the basket, taking care to properly adjust the basket so the burgers don't fall out.
- Put the basket on the fire, and grill 4 to 5 minutes.
- Turn and grill 4 to 5 minutes longer.
- Just before the burgers are done, place the split rolls on the grill; watch the rolls carefully, as they grill quickly.
- Transfer 1 roll to each of 6 plates; top each with a grilled burger, then add lettuce leaf.
I am so happy I made these burgers! I left out the ketchup because I just had a little left and knew the kids would want to put it on the burgers and fries. The burgers were so moist and delicious. I topped them with american cheese and avocado slices and served the burgers with a mixture of regular fries and sweet potato fries, garden salad and recipe #335165. My family said it was one of their favorite dinners. They liked these burgers better than hamburgers! I love when everyone is happy at dinner!!! I will be making these often. Thanks!