My favorite recipe for turkey burgers. Just enough seasonings to make them so much tastier than just plain old turkey burgers, plus the bread crumbs and other added ingredients "bulk up" the turkey, helping you to get more bang for your buck. I always have a few of these in the freezer for summer barbecues when I don't care to eat beef hamburgers (I have been known to tote one or two of these along with me to family barbecues to throw on the grill whenever I know that beef burgers are going to be the only main dish)
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs (I use whole wheat)
- 3 tablespoons onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon liquid red pepper seasoning (optional)
- black pepper, to taste
- 6 hamburger buns, to serve
- Combine all ingredients in large bowl.
- Shape into 6 patties.
- Pan-fry, broil, or grill until lightly browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
- Serve in hamburger buns with desired toppings.
- My fave toppings: lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, ketchup, and fat-free/light mayo.