Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I wanted a tuna sandwich but wanted it crunchy and easy. It is an easy no fail recipe that you can add on to or take away. It was perfect to me. I used Instructions for the Perfect Hard-Boiled Egg for the eggs to try something new which worked perfectly.Food for thought... Refrigeration time is not included since it is optional prior to serving.
- 3 (7 ounce) cans solid white tuna packed in water, drained
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄2 cup valdalia onion, finely chopped
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, cooled peeled, and chopped
- Drain the tuna as well as you can and place it in a mixing bowl.
- Add the mayonnaise and stir it into the tuna.
- Add the chopped onions, diced celery, and chopped up hard boiled eggs.
- Season with a pinch of salt and black pepper and mix well.
- Serve immediately or chilled.
- Serve on toast, either open faced, or in a regular sandwich with lettuce and tomatoes. This is also very yummy with crackers. For a low carb option, serve on sliced lettuce.
Tuna salad is right up there as one of my favorites and I enjoyed this one a lot. I used a red onion and chopped the hard boiled eggs finely. Added kosher salt and fresh ground pepper than served on sour dough bread with a slice of tomato. Served with chips and dill pickle slices for lunch. Will make this again! Made and reviewed for Pick A Chef Fall 2009.