Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Yup. Another tuna salad recipe.
Make and share this Tasty Tuna Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (12 ounce) cans albacore tuna in water, drained well
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped apple
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4-3⁄4 cup mayonnaise, use whatever amount to taste
- Place tuna in a large bowl and flake well with a fork.
- Add all remaining ingredients (start low with the mayo and work up to desired amount.
- Mix well.
- Chill for at least 2 hours for best flavor.
This was just delicious. Loved the sweetness of the relish with the tartness of the apple (I used Granny Smith) and the hint of the Dijon mustard was very good. I agree with Rita about something salty. I added a little Kosher salt but think nuts might be good. thanks *Parsley* for a delightful lunch.
As good as tuna salad gets! I enjoyed this very much. I made half the recipe and used scallions for the chopped onions and a Gala for the apple. As another reviewer mentioned, I couldn't actually taste the tarragon or mustard but as far as I'm concerned that's all to the good. The whole combination is great; I served it on 9-grain bread--best sandwich I have had in a long time. I certainly will be making this again.
I liked the addition of apple and onion. I omitted the tarragon cause the one I got was too old. I used zucchini relish. Thanks Parsley. :) Made for the Market Tag .