Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 6 mins
this is a very healthy,tasty dish! Its very filling and stoops on those hunger pains for the rest of the day! it came together when i desired a hot rice dish but the only protein i could find was the beloved tuna so i put all things together put it in the oven........and bobs your uncle YUM! i like it so much ive prepared it 5 days in a row and i think im gonna have to make it again today :)
- Preheat the oven to 200c.
- in a saucepan bring to the boil the water,add stock cube then rice.then add carrots so they soften.
- once 1/2 the water has been absorbed, add the chopped tomatoes and tuna,ginger and garlic plus pepper,leave to reduce for another 10mins.
- whilst that boils,chop the onions and place in the bottom of a cassarole dish,season with salt and pepper and place in the oven to crisp for 8mins.
- remove the pan from the heat and pour ontop of the onions in the arrole dish,return to the oven till all the liquid is absorbed.
- once this has happened crumble bread on top and season with salt and pepper.