Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy one-dish meal. This was a nice change. We have chicken and beef so often. My mom used to make this all the time when I was a kid. I just never think to make it. I guess you could also classify it as a great comfort food.
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento (optional)
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrot
- 2 (6 ounce) cans canned tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 cups hot cooked egg noodles or 2 cups noodles, of choice
- 2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- Mix soup, milk, pimiento, peas/carrots, tuna and noodles in 1 1/2-quart casserole.
- Bake at 400°F for 20 minute or until hot; stir.
- Mix bread crumbs with butter and sprinkle on top. Bake 5 minute.
Made this tonight. My usual TNC is always dry, so I wanted to try an actual recipe. I used only 1 can of soup, which was enough. I also added 1/4 cup sour cream and a tsp. of prepared mustard to the mix. Also small amounts of salt and pepper. It turned out wonderfully, but I could have omitted the bread crumbs and butter. Next time I will try potato chips or fried onions, but there will definitely be a next time. Nice and creamy. GREAT!
Very good dish and easy to make. The only thing I did different was add some sauted onion, I used 1/2 soup and 1/2 sour cream, and added some pepper and paprika. Thank you for the recipe.
This was quick, easy and yummy. We especially liked it as it did not make a huge casserole. Had a little leftover, but not enough for another meal, which was great for us. I liked the variation of using both peas and carrots.