Recipe by AussieGal Tracey
This is a real simple way of making tuna mornay. The kids love it and it's better than buying a jar of already made sauce because there are no preservatives and you know what's going into this sauce.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon mild paprika
- 1 (425 g) can canned tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 (500 g) packetsmall spiral shaped pasta
- 1 cup cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°Celsius.
- Cook pasta and let it drain.
- Melt butter and stir in flour.
- Gently add in milk, then take off of heat when its of a saucy consistency.
- Sometimes I have to add more or less milk or flour depending on outcome of consistency.
- Add in salt, pepper, paprika, mixed herbs, and tuna; mix together.
- Put pasta in a large dish (I normally have enough for two dishes), then pour sauce over. Mix the sauce through the pasta until it's thoroughly combined.
- Sprinkle grated cheese over the top; put in the oven for 20 minutes on 180 degrees c until cheese is melted and golden.