This recipe was found in Taste of Home in 2002. Thanks to a dash of mustard, salsa and hot sauce, these warm tuna sandwiches are full of zip. "Slices of tomto and cheese round them out," says Shannon Phipps of Houston, Texas. "Sometimes I stir chopped pickle and hard-cooked eggs into the tuna mix for additional flavor."
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients; mix well.
- Place one cheese slice, two tomato slices and 1/3 cup tuna mixture on three slices of bread.
- Top with remaining cheese slices and bread.
- In a large skillet or griddle, melt 2 tablespoons butter.
- Toast sandwiches until lighlty browned on both sides, adding butter if necessary.
Delicious, easy, quick. Had an electrician pulling apart my stove tonight so this was the quick dinner solution. Just headed the mixture on hotdog buns in the microwave, very simple but it went over really well.
I was pleasantly surprised by the taste! I've never had tuna salad with salsa and hot sauce in it, but the mix really worked with this sandwich! Great lunch for me! Thanks for sharing.