1/1 Photo of Tasty Tuna Melts
William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin's Note:
This recipe was found in Taste of Home in 2002. Thanks to a dash of mustard, salsa and hot sauce, these warm tuna sandwiches are full of zip. "Slices of tomto and cheese round them out," says Shannon Phipps of Houston, Texas. "Sometimes I stir chopped pickle and hard-cooked eggs into the tuna mix for additional flavor."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients; mix well.
- 2Place one cheese slice, two tomato slices and 1/3 cup tuna mixture on three slices of bread.
- 3Top with remaining cheese slices and bread.
- 4In a large skillet or griddle, melt 2 tablespoons butter.
- 5Toast sandwiches until lighlty browned on both sides, adding butter if necessary.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tasty Tuna Melts
Serving Size: 1 (298 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 638.8
- Calories from Fat 316
- Total Fat 35.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.8 g
- Cholesterol 107.2 mg
- Sodium 1643.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 43.9 g