This recipe was found in Taste of Home in 2002. Thanks to a dash of mustard, salsa and hot sauce, these warm tuna sandwiches are full of zip. "Slices of tomto and cheese round them out," says Shannon Phipps of Houston, Texas. "Sometimes I stir chopped pickle and hard-cooked eggs into the tuna mix for additional flavor."
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients; mix well.
- Place one cheese slice, two tomato slices and 1/3 cup tuna mixture on three slices of bread.
- Top with remaining cheese slices and bread.
- In a large skillet or griddle, melt 2 tablespoons butter.
- Toast sandwiches until lighlty browned on both sides, adding butter if necessary.