Prep 12 mins
Cook 35 mins
A modern and semi-healthy approach to the traditional favorite.
- 5 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
- 1 small red bell pepper (diced)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt (I use Old Bay.)
- 2 (7 ounce) cans tuna in water
- 8 ounces shell noodles
- 8 ounces frozen mixed vegetables (peas, carrots and green beans)
- 4 ounces Kraft Healthy Favorites Fat Free Cheddar (shredded)
- 5 ounces seasoned croutons
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil noodles per package instructions.
- Place first seven ingredients in blender and blend until creamy (while noodles are boiling.).
- Drain noodles and combine with sauce mixture.
- Stir in tuna, veggies, and cheese.
- Place in covered casserole and bake for 25 minutes.
- Coat croutons lightly with butter spray.
- Uncover casserole and add croutons to the top.
- Bake an additional 5-10 minutes. (The croutons should be golden brown.).
- Remove from oven and let stand for five minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.
We LOVED this casserole!!....My oldest son kept asking for more...I used a can of cream -of-chicken that wasn't fat free however the cheese was so I don't feel too guilty *LOL*....I didn't have any croutons or red pepper but it turned out fine just the same.This was just plain-old YUMMY and will be made often!