Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Once you try this, you'll never go back to traditional tuna salad.
- 1 can tuna in water, drained
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 3 tablespoons relish sandwich spread (Von's is good)
- red wine vinegar (a splash, or more if you like it tart)
- 2 teaspoons dried tarragon or 2 teaspoons basil
- black pepper
- Mix everything together and refrigerate for an hour or two to spread the flavors.
- Overnight is better.
- Serve on lettuce as a salad, on bread as a sandwich, on a flour tortilla as a wrap, or get creative and serve it in flat bottomed ice cream cones.
it was very tasta i loved how he added the red wine vinegar in my opinion it was very tasty lil blondi
Mmmmm. Great! It was tasty and different - the capers are an elegant addition. Because I am allergic to eggs and dairy, I substituted Veganase for the Vonn's spread then added pickle relish to sweeten it up. Also spiced it up with a dash of Aleppo pepper and 1/2 tsp of lemon pepper in addition to the other ingredients. I served this spread on a trio of slider buns with lettuce and delicate slices of onion. De-lish! I'll definitely make this again instead of plain ole' tuna sandwiches.
Ummmm, love capers. This is another great way to enjoy tuna salad. Made for lunch today and this recipe will go into my cookbook "Everything Tuna". Thnx for sharing, Clifford. Made for Diabetic Forum's Pool Party tag game.