Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I came up with this recipe one day when I felt like baking but didn't have much in the house. I used some tropical dried fruit mix that my daughter had in her Halloween bag.
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup mixed dried tropical fruit
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9" pie pan.
- Combine struesel ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine flours, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl whisk together egg, melted butter, vanilla, and yogurt.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just combined.
- Gently stir in tropical fruit.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, sprinkle struesel on top, and bake for 20-25 minutes until done.