Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I'd never had corn fritters before I tried this recipe, it's something different for a side dish. This is an old recipe from Green Giant. They are super alone or we also like them served hot with syrup or honey and butter. Famous with country fried steak, mashed potatoes and gravy. Yum!
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- oil (for deep frying)
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, sugar and salt in a medium bowl.
- Combine eggs, milk, oil and cream style corn in a large bowl.
- Blend in dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- Stir in whole kernel corn.
- In deep fryer or heavy saucepan drop batter by tablespoonfuls and fry in 2-3 inches of hot oil or fat for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towles.
I have searched for years to find a recipe for Corn Fritters that was similar to the ones my Dad made for us on Sunday mornings after church. THIS IS IT! Delicious, easy and a wonderful remembrance of him. Can't thank you enough! Even my NON Fritter husband ate several!Guess what else, they freeze nicely too!Warm them in the oven and serve as usual. Thanks a million !