Recipe by Mimi in Maine
Do you have a log feeder? This is great for filling them. Just press the mixture into the feeder holes and it will be ready for the next banquet.
- 2 cups white flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 cups Crisco
- 1 cup lard
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the two flours, cornmeal, oats, salt, and sugar in a bowl, kneading with your hands.
- Add the crisco and lard and mix well.
- Add enough water to make a stiff dough.
- Divide the dough into smaller portions and store them in your freezer in plastic bags.
- When you need one, take one out of the freezer and thaw out and then press into the holes in your log feeder.