1/1 Photo of Tasty Tomato Fried Eggs
This is a really wonderful way to have your eggs. Simple, economical and full of delicious flavours it is proof positive that tasty doesn’t have to be complicated! You can multiply this to make more servings, but I don't recommend doing anymore than two in a pan at a time. You could also do individual servings in indidividual skillets and serve them right in the skillets at the table for a novel presentation.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat until hot.
- 2Pour in the olive oil and heat that until it just starts to shimmer.
- 3Add the garlic and saute just until it begins to be fragrant.
- 4Pour in the tinned tomatoes.
- 5Season with salt and pepper and throw in the basil leaves.
- 6Turn the heat down to low and simmer for a few minutes until the flavours meld and the tomatoes have reduced a bit.
- 7Break the eggs into the pan, leaving some space between them if possible. (This all depends on the size of your pan)
- 8Cook until the whites just start to set, then pop a cover on and finish cooking until eggs are set and done to your taste. We like them so that the yolks are a bit runny.
- 9Sprinkle a little sea salt and cracked black pepper over the yolks and serve with toasted bread fingers for dipping.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tasty Tomato Fried Eggs
Serving Size: 1 (265 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.2
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 211.5 mg
- Sodium 504.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 7.9 g