Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
Adapted from a Kiwi cookbook
- 8 skinless chicken pieces
- 35 g dry onion soup mix (I use Maggi)
- 400 g crushed tomatoes
- 310 g tomato puree
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 -2 teaspoon chopped fresh chili pepper
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1 chicken stock cube
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place chicken in a casserole dish.
- Mix soup mix, tomatoes, tomato puree, basil, chilli, wine vinegar and crumbled stock cube together.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook for 50 to 55 minutes, or until chicken is cooked.
This was lovely, so easy & full of flavour, I also added some vegies, diced carrots, celery and zucchini and only used half a pkt of the onion soup, very much enjoyed, thankyou!
Absolutely delicious and nice and easy. I used chicken breast fillets and sliced them up at the end. I did have to add a little water to thin down the sauce a bit. Definitely one I'll be making again.