Prep 15 mins
Cook 22 mins
A very rich brownie that is low cal and high in protein.
- 1 1⁄3 cups cake flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) packagesilken low-fat tofu
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts, garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut a piece of wax paper to fit in bottomof 8x8 baking pan.
- With paper removed grease bottom and sides of pan with vegetable shortening.
- Place waxed paper on top of greased pan bottom and grease top of waxed paper.
- In food processor fitted with metal chopping blade, process all dry ingredients.
- Empty into small bowl and set aside.
- Place all wet ingredients in work bowl, and process until smooth, scraping the bowl sides occasionally.
- Add dry mixture al at once.
- Pulseto blend until dry ingredients are just moistened.
- Scrape mixture into prepared pan, sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake for 22 minutes or until brownies pull away from sides.
- Let cool for 15 minutes before turning out.