Recipe by Lane Harris
I created this recipe myself. I love cheese toast, but I wanted to "kick it up a notch"... so I experimented and this is what I contrived. I love it, and cook it regularly.
Top Review by Mirj
I tried this, but doubled the bread and put the sandwiches into one of those electric triangle sandwich toasters. I thought it was great, but it was too spicy for my husband. His loss!
- 4 slices white bread
- 4 slices cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 (4 -8 ounce) can green chili peppers
- black pepper (to taste)
- hot sauce (I like Tabasco, best)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to broil.
- On cookie sheet, place 4 slices of bread.
- Layer each slice of bread with cheese, tomatoes,onion,green chilee.
- Sprinkle each serving with black pepper and Tabasco sauce to taste.
- Place under broiler until toasted.
- Cooking time may vary, 3-6 minutes.
- I usually use a knife and cut my tasty toast into small bites, and then spear each one.
- Have a cool drink on hand.
- I hope you like it!