1/4 Photos of Tasty Thumbprint Cookies
These cookies are very easy and quick to make and have excellent results. Very tasty and versatile, too, cause you can use any type of jam you prefer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 112 g butter
- 50 g powdered sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 140 g flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 25 g granola cereal (without raisins) or 25 g chopped almonds
- 14 teaspoons of your favourite jam (I used cherry and apple jelly)
- 1Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F.
- 2Cream butter and sugar in a big bowl. Add the egg yolk. Sift in flour and salt and stir until just combined. Fold in granola cereal or nuts. Mix well.
- 3Using your hands (if the dough is sticky, flour them lightly) take small lumps of dough and roll them into balls. Make an indentation into each ball using your fingers or the handle of a wooden spoon.
- 4Fill each cookie with a ts of your favourite jam and bake for 12-15 minutes on a paper-lined baking sheet. The cookies should be slightly browned and the jam bubbly.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tasty Thumbprint Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (543 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.3
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 28.9 mg
- Sodium 71.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 14.7 g
- Protein 1.5 g