Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These cookies are very easy and quick to make and have excellent results. Very tasty and versatile, too, cause you can use any type of jam you prefer.
- 112 g butter
- 50 g powdered sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 140 g flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 25 g granola cereal (without raisins) or 25 g chopped almonds
- 14 teaspoons of your favourite jam (I used cherry and apple jelly)
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F.
- Cream butter and sugar in a big bowl. Add the egg yolk. Sift in flour and salt and stir until just combined. Fold in granola cereal or nuts. Mix well.
- Using your hands (if the dough is sticky, flour them lightly) take small lumps of dough and roll them into balls. Make an indentation into each ball using your fingers or the handle of a wooden spoon.
- Fill each cookie with a ts of your favourite jam and bake for 12-15 minutes on a paper-lined baking sheet. The cookies should be slightly browned and the jam bubbly.
These are so very good! My kids had fun trying different jams in them. We tried blueberry, blackberry, grape, cherry and strawberry. They all had their favorites but agreed all of them was very good.
Wicked easy recipe. Wonderfully light cookie. I love the hint of granola. Just enough to give it a wee bit o' crunch. I used strawberry preserves and orange marmalade. Mmmm, Mmmmm good! I'll be making THESE again.Made for 1-2-3 Hits, Summer 2010.
De-lish!! I just popped these out of the oven and they were so easy and so good! I used my kitchen scale so I got along fine with the grams. I mixed in some chopped almonds and they make a nice texture with a hint of almond flavor. I ended up baking them for about 20 minutes. (Might have been because they were on aluminun cookie sheets with parchment paper.) I'm bringing them to work tomorrow, and will be scoring big big big points with my coworkers!!