Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This easy recipe adds an India inspired touch to a meal. The cubes of sweet potato are low in fat & oven baked. I like them with the additional red pepper flakes, but they are optional.
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon tandoori paste (I used Patek's)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line small, rimmed baking sheet with foil. Spray with cooking spray.
- Add cubed sweet potatoes, tandoori paste, sesame seeds, veg oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and red pepper flakes to bowl. Stir until the sweet potatoes are well coated.
- Pour onto the prepared baking sheet & separate into a single layer.
- Bake 20 minutes on bottom shelf. Remove from oven & with spatula turn over & stir the sweet potatoes. Place bake into the oven for additional 15-20 minutes. Watch closely. They may need to be moved to top shelf. Potatoes should begin to crisp and not be too dark.
- Remove from oven. Sprinkle with reserved 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
i made up my own paste
recipe #485579 tastes great used sesame seeds wonderful made with recipe #383454 VERY pretty together and goes well with each other zaar world tour 8
Boy were these good! I didn't have tandoori paste so used tandoori powder and mixed it with oil. The day I made them we had unexpected company so I had to divide 2 servings between 4 people - they all licked their fingers and I have to make them again! Thanks for posting this winner!
Made for ZWT 7.
Delicious! We both made a "happy" plate tonight with these sweet potatoes. Not too hot -- just the right amount of spice and flavor. Definitely my new favorite way to roast sweet potatoes. Served this dish with some Bombay Meatballs. Great Indian-inspired meal tonight. Made for Best of 2012 tag, January, 2013.