Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This sauce takes mere minutes to make, yet it really jazzes up your falafel! Also makes a good salad/cooked veggie dressing. From "Food For Life".
- 1⁄4 cup tahini
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar (I use white or apple cider)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced (or pressed)
- 2 -4 tablespoons water, add more as needed
- Combine all ingredients in a medium glass jar. Screw on the lid tightly before shaking it well! If you let it sit about 10 minutes before serving, you'll find it thickens up and you may need to add more water.
- Drizzle it over lots of stuff and bon appetit!
We loved this sauce.
This is great and so easy to whip up! I especially like that I didn't have to get my blender dirty for this. But because there wasn't be any chopping action, I added a few drops of olive oil for creaminess and 1/16 tsp garlic powder instead of using my stand-by minced garlic. I imagine it would taste great on falafel but I ate it on cold spinach which was good but I liked it better on cooked broccoli and carrots. I have to admit I was a little hesitant to try it at first because I don't like a strong soy sauce flavor but then I remembered how much I like it in tofu marinades and greenbean pie, and it added a nice touch and wasn't strong at all. Thanks for sharing!
DH and I loved this sauce. We poured this over grilled pork chops. We will definitely make again. Made for ZWT6