Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A healthy alternative to Taco Bell.
- 1 lb lean steak (already cut)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup diced tomato
- 1 onion (diced)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 4 taco shells
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Boil 1 1/2 cup water over stove top.
- Cut carrot and celery into 1 inch slices and put into boiling water and let simmer for 15 minute.
- Drain vegetables but keep the water. Pour 1/2 cup of same water onto bottom of baking pan.
- Lay steak evenly on water and lay vegetables (onions, celery, and carrot) on steak.
- Turn steak 20 minutes after and let cook for twenty minutes more.
- Lay taco shells on cookie sheet with desired amount of mozzarella coating the top (while steak is still in oven) and let bake for 5 minute (or cheese is melted on top and shells are crisp).
- When steak is done, remove from oven, remove vegetables, except for the onions, cut into desired size and put on top of taco shells.
- Add desired amount of lettuce and tomato (any of the vegetables you cooked with the steak for flavor) salsa. Anything you want.
- Serve and Enjoy!