These tacos are flavorful and easy to make. Great for a quick weeknight dinner. You can vary the toppings to suit your taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro-Tel tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 (2 ounce) envelope onion soup mix (I use Lipton)
- 2 -3 ripe avocados
- 2 tablespoons good quality balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup lime and cilantro flavored salsa
- 10 super stuffer taco shells
- 2 cups shredded cheese (to make it easy I use a pre-shredded Mexican mix)
- taco sauce (I use La Victoria mild)
- sour cream
- sea salt (ground)
- pepper (ground)
- shredded lettuce (optional)
- chopped olive (optional)
- 1Brown ground beef in large saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Add tomatoes, chili powder, soup mix, and beef broth.
- 3Simmer until liquid is almost absorbed. Cover, reduce heat and continue cooking ten more minutes.
- 4Scoop out avocado into small bowl and mash with fork.
- 5Add vinegar and salsa. Mix well.
- 6Grind a few shakes of sea salt and pepper into avocado mix, to taste.
- 7To assemble tacos fill shell with meat mixture, top with taco sauce to taste, layer cheese, avocado mixture, sour cream and any other condiments you prefer and enjoy!
- 8Feeds 6-8 or 4 hungry teenagers.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tasty Tacos
Serving Size: 1 (316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 597.5
- Calories from Fat 297
- Total Fat 33.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 118.9 mg
- Sodium 2094.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 45.8 g