Recipe by Alskann
These tacos are flavorful and easy to make. Great for a quick weeknight dinner. You can vary the toppings to suit your taste.
Top Review by KLBoyle
These are indeed tasty tacos! Much better than the tacos I normally make. I really loved the addition of the vinegar to the guacamole. This is how I will make my tacos in the future. Thanks for the awesome recipe!
- 2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro-Tel tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 (2 ounce) envelope onion soup mix (I use Lipton)
- 2 -3 ripe avocados
- 2 tablespoons good quality balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup lime and cilantro flavored salsa
- 10 super stuffer taco shells
- 2 cups shredded cheese (to make it easy I use a pre-shredded Mexican mix)
- taco sauce (I use La Victoria mild)
- sour cream
- sea salt (ground)
- pepper (ground)
- shredded lettuce (optional)
- chopped olive (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add tomatoes, chili powder, soup mix, and beef broth.
- Simmer until liquid is almost absorbed. Cover, reduce heat and continue cooking ten more minutes.
- Scoop out avocado into small bowl and mash with fork.
- Add vinegar and salsa. Mix well.
- Grind a few shakes of sea salt and pepper into avocado mix, to taste.
- To assemble tacos fill shell with meat mixture, top with taco sauce to taste, layer cheese, avocado mixture, sour cream and any other condiments you prefer and enjoy!
- Feeds 6-8 or 4 hungry teenagers.