Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These tacos are flavorful and easy to make. Great for a quick weeknight dinner. You can vary the toppings to suit your taste.
- 2 lbs extra lean ground beef
- 1 (10 ounce) can Ro-Tel tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 (2 ounce) envelope onion soup mix (I use Lipton)
- 2 -3 ripe avocados
- 2 tablespoons good quality balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup lime and cilantro flavored salsa
- 10 super stuffer taco shells
- 2 cups shredded cheese (to make it easy I use a pre-shredded Mexican mix)
- taco sauce (I use La Victoria mild)
- sour cream
- sea salt (ground)
- pepper (ground)
- shredded lettuce (optional)
- chopped olive (optional)
- Brown ground beef in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add tomatoes, chili powder, soup mix, and beef broth.
- Simmer until liquid is almost absorbed. Cover, reduce heat and continue cooking ten more minutes.
- Scoop out avocado into small bowl and mash with fork.
- Add vinegar and salsa. Mix well.
- Grind a few shakes of sea salt and pepper into avocado mix, to taste.
- To assemble tacos fill shell with meat mixture, top with taco sauce to taste, layer cheese, avocado mixture, sour cream and any other condiments you prefer and enjoy!
- Feeds 6-8 or 4 hungry teenagers.
These are indeed tasty tacos! Much better than the tacos I normally make. I really loved the addition of the vinegar to the guacamole. This is how I will make my tacos in the future. Thanks for the awesome recipe!
Excellent tacos. Loved the meat mixture. Had just the right amount of heat. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Fall 07