Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
An unchunky taco sauce with lots of flavor. Try adding about 1/2-1 tbsp liquid smoke to make a nice smoky taco sauce!
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, seeded and grated
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 -3 teaspoon cumin (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander (cilantro)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground oregano
- Mix all spices. Set aside.
- In a food processor blend water and grated green bell pepper till smooth. Transfer to a sauce pan, whisk in tomato sauce and vinegar.
- If using, add liquid smoke, to taste.
- Bring to a boil, add spices and lower heat.
- Simmer 40-60 min., till thickened. (stirring occasionally)
- Let cool, then cover and refrigerate. Let stand one day, to allow flavors to blend.
- Us cold or reheat, and use in tacos etc. ENJOY!
Very easy. I only needed to cook the sauce about 30 minutes. The sauce did need time to marry before using.