Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is delicious for a quick dinner, and great for a warm or cold lunch the next day. It is a slightly modified recipe from Bill Phillips "Eating for Life" book.
- 8 ounces tri-color spiral pasta (uncooked)
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, brown ground turkey in a medium skillet.
- Add water, taco seasoning, and yellow pepper to the cooked ground turkey and simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Place a portion of pasta onto each plate. Top with a portion of the turkey mix. Add a dollop of sour cream and sprinkle with cheese, avacado, cilantro.