Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A sloppy joe recipe with a Mexican kick--kind of like tacos and sloppy joes in one! Easy and quick! Great with mexican rice, refried beans, corn or a salad. (I think this recipe came from a recipe book I received free in the mail, but I can't remember what it advertised.)
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce (the medium size can)
- 1 cup salsa (your favorite kind)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 hamburger buns
- Brown ground beef, drain fat.
- Add 1 can tomato sauce (do not dilute with water) and 1 cup salsa.
- Stir to combine and heat over medium heat until thickened and bubbly, about 15 min or so.
- Spoon mixture onto hamburger buns, top with a sprinkling of cheddar cheese (a tablespoon or so).
- Replace top of bun and serve.
Very easy to do. But the taste was missing something. So the next day I added mustard on mine. Thanks Andrea :) Made for Healthy tag game
For something so quick and easy, these sloppy joes were yummy! For the salsa, I used LaVictoria Salsa Suprema. I wasn't paying attention and realized later that I only used a 8-ounce can of tomato sauce, but even after simmering for 15 minutes the sauce was still very "sloppy". Served on toasted whole wheat hamburger buns. Loved the cheddar on top.