Recipe by AndreaVT96
A sloppy joe recipe with a Mexican kick--kind of like tacos and sloppy joes in one! Easy and quick! Great with mexican rice, refried beans, corn or a salad. (I think this recipe came from a recipe book I received free in the mail, but I can't remember what it advertised.)
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce (the medium size can)
- 1 cup salsa (your favorite kind)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 hamburger buns
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef, drain fat.
- Add 1 can tomato sauce (do not dilute with water) and 1 cup salsa.
- Stir to combine and heat over medium heat until thickened and bubbly, about 15 min or so.
- Spoon mixture onto hamburger buns, top with a sprinkling of cheddar cheese (a tablespoon or so).
- Replace top of bun and serve.