Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is so very very tasty! A huge hit at get togethers! Prep time doesn't include chilling time.
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 cup Miracle Whip
- 1 package vegetable soup mix
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach (thawed and drained so that it is dry)
- 1 can chopped water chestnut
- 1 loaf pumpernickel bread (round loaf)
- Mix above ingredients together (except bread) and let stand in fridge to blend flavors.
- (I usually leave it in for 2-3 hours) Cut out a circle from the centre of the loaf of bread so that it looks like a bowl.
- Pour the dip inside the"bowl" and use the remaining bread and cut it into chunks for dipping!
- **as an alternative I omit the bread and place the filling into mini pita pockets for a different type of appetizer.
Tried this for a pumbernickel loaf recently and everyone raved about it and soon ate it up. Thanks very much.