Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Those who don't like spinach will enjoy this quick, easy, healthy, but delicious recipe!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb spinach leaves, stems removed
- 1 tablespoon basil or 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- In a heavy skillet, saute onion in olive oil until transparent.
- Add garlic and sauté another 2 minutes.
- Add spinach and basil or oregano, and cover until spinach is wilted.
- Just before serving, add balsamic vinegar.
Thanks for a great recipe Maine-iac! I cooked 2 pounds of spinach and next time will make it 3! (this was for 4 people). Will cook this again!
Art....this was great guy :) I adore spinach but normally I prefer it chilled or a spinach salad. Also, as a rule, I do not like balsamic vinegar (I'm a garlic wine vinegar nut myself) but this was excellent. I used the oregano, very good side dish, thank you for posting it!
It really was not to our tastes, very different from the usual stir fried spinach we regularly cook. Thank you for sharing though.