Recipe by ChiquitaBanana
This is a somewhat healthy cookie (as healthy as a good tasting cookie can get). I make these often and my kids really enjoy them, hope you like them too.
Top Review by The Amaze-Ing Me
Really really had high hopes for this recipe. I did add choc chips & coconut flakes to make a total of 1c (incl the raisins) to give it a little more flavor. The dough was very dry. Forgot to pat down the first batch until the end of the cooking but they still tasted raw/dry and dull in flavor. 2nd batch is in oven now and I made them into little round patties when I put them on the parchment. They are just extremely dry and flavorless cookies. May literally toss them.
- 1⁄2 cup imperial margarine (or other non-hydrogenated margarine)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups spelt flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins (can use currants, chocolate chips, etc.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream together first four ingredients.
- In separate bowl, combine next four ingredients; stir well. Add to creamed mixture.
- Add oats and raisins and mix thoroughly.
- Spoon drop batter onto greased cookie sheet (or use parchment paper). Use a fork to pat down the cookie.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until desired.