Recipe by burton112770
I watched hispanic friends making spanish rice, when I made it at home I didn't have all the ingredients so I subsituted. Now my hispanic friends always ask me to bring the rice to the fiesta!
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon powdered chicken bouillon
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
Directions See How It's Made
- heat veg. oil in heavy skillet over high heat.
- add jasmine rice and toast for about 5 minutes stirring constantly.
- while rice is toasting, add bullion, salsa and about 1/4 cup of the broth in mini food processor until fairly smooth.
- add the rest of the chicken broth and enough water to the salsa mixture to make 3 cups liquid.
- pour liquid mixture into skillet with the toasted rice, it should boil immediately. Drop temperature to low, cover and steam until rice is tender, about 20-25 minutes. You can stir once or twice during steaming.