Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are quick easy, low carb, low sugar - ok for South Beach Stage 1-3
- 1 lb lean ground beef (can use LEAN turkey)
- 1⁄4 cup better'n eggs egg substitute (can use all white)
- 1⁄2 cup all-bran cereal, ground up
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry ranch dressing mix
- Sounds weird but -- using a handmixer mix everything together.
- Spray pan with PAM and pan fry over low heat, browning all sides.
- Cover and let cook for 10-15 minutes until cooked all the way through.
This recipe does NOT comply with the South beach diet phase 1. Cereal is not allowed and Bran is still cereal, esp a half a cup.
winner, winner, meatball dinner! I made a few changes: half ground turkey and half lean ground pork, soy granules (unflavored tvp) instead of the bran cereal and a real eggâ€”because that's what I had on hand and wanted to try the method/recipe, pronto. thank you!
These are fantastic! I made them yesterday for our football party, and served them with sweet chilli sauce. I should have made a double mix, as they just disappeared! Will b making these again! [Made for Fall 2008 PAC]