1 hr 15 mins
My mom's recipe for an easy to make, yummy chili. Great on a chilly day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 2 (16 ounce) cans chili beans
- 1 cup salsa (hot or mild variety)
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 2 stalks celery, coarsely chopped (optional)
- chili powder, to taste
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1Brown ground beef, with the chopped onion and salt/pepper, making sure to keep the beef pieces as small as possible.
- 2Drain the ground beef. Rinse if desired.
- 3Place the ground beef and the next six ingredients in a stock pot.
- 4Season to taste with salt, pepper, and chili powder.
- 5Heat to a boil.
- 6Reduce heat and continue to simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tasty, Simple Chili
Serving Size: 1 (445 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 355.0
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 38.5 mg
- Sodium 958.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 23.0 g