Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My mom's recipe for an easy to make, yummy chili. Great on a chilly day.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 2 (16 ounce) cans chili beans
- 1 cup salsa (hot or mild variety)
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 stalks celery, coarsely chopped (optional)
- chili powder, to taste
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Brown ground beef, with the chopped onion and salt/pepper, making sure to keep the beef pieces as small as possible.
- Drain the ground beef. Rinse if desired.
- Place the ground beef and the next six ingredients in a stock pot.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, and chili powder.
- Heat to a boil.
- Reduce heat and continue to simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour.