Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe is ridiculously easy and simple (almost embarrassed to share). I thought about keeping it to myself but then thought what the heck, this is good! I just threw this together hoping the family would like it. It was a huge hit. It's very simple, very moist but packs great flavor. I served it with basmati rice and bernaise sauce. Even my kids went crazy for it. I call that a winner! The cooking time is based on using thick and meaty breasts. These are less likely to be tough and dry. Reduce the time if using a smaller, thinner breasts.
- Rinse and pat dry the chicken breasts.
- Place all the dry ingredients in a large ziploc bag and shake.
- One at a time, place chicken breasts in the flour mixture. Pat and toss to coat. Shake off any excess flour. Throw away the excess.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Once heated place chicken in the skillet and cook until golden brown, flip and brown the 2nd side.
- Once all the pieces are browned on both sides, REDUCE the heat to the lowest cooking temperature. Cover & tip the lid to let any excess steam escape. Cook until juices run clear and chicken is no longer pink. Approximately 20- 30 minutes longer.
- Cooking time will depend on the thickness of the breast. Adjust cooking time accordingly. Do not overcook and dry out.
- Serve with basmati rice or broad egg noodles and bernaise sauce on the side. Ladle over rice, chicken as desired. If not making homemade sauce, I prefer Knoor brand.
This was very good. Simple and quick.